Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5 Trends from the MTV Movie Awards

There were a multitude of different fashion styles on the red carpet of the MTV Movie Awards from Kristen Stewart's converse tennis shoes to Miley Cyrus's cowl neck dress. Some of the celebrities looked FANTASTIC others I wasn't so sure what they were thinking. Here are some of my favorite trends that showed up at the Movie Awards.

Sequined Dresses
I know they are hard to wear, and you need a certain occasion for them. But look at Sienna Miller's pictures from the MTV movie awards. The dress looks great!! It's easy, simple, and the sequins add all you need to an outfit. If your running home after work to go out you could easily slip on a sequined dress add nothing and walk out the door.

White Suit
Malin Ackerman rocked this look at the MTV movie awards. She looks sleek, stylish, and stunning. So why not mix it up a little bit? How often do guys see girls in a sexy suit? Take a risk with a white suit. It has the potential to be gorgeous! You can always take the jacket off to loosen up a bit.

Belt a Simple Dress
Channel your inner Ashley Tisdale with her slim purple dress by Elise Overland and Balenciaga Belt. No worries for this trend you don't even need to go designer. All you need is a simple one color mini dress and a belt. You can go with a couple different options for the belt, either pick one with designs such as studs or go with a plain patent leather. This outfit is also perfect with ether flat sandals or heels, whichever you prefer!!

Beachy Waves
Wavy hair seemed to be the "in" thing at the movie awards. The trick to hair like Sienna Millers of Vanessa Hudgens is wrapping your hair around the barrel of a curling iron. Take a small piece of your hair and wrap it around the barrel of your curling iron in a spiral. This will give you the looser waves that the celebrities are sporting. Don't forget the hairspray!!

Smokey Eyes
Regardless of how you feel about Kristen Stewart and Leighton Meester's outfits their makeup was flawless. This is a look that really can only be perfected with practice. Their are plenty of tips to the trade, but you need to experiment. I'm a big fan of smudging pencil eyeliner on the top and bottom and using a lighter shade on my lid and a darker shade in my crease. Then, I take the shade I used in my crease and create a V on the outside corner of my eye right above my lashes to my crease. Just test out different shades until you find the combination that works for you.


There sure were some interesting fashion statements taking place on the red carpet of the movie awards. I wouldn't advocate wearing converse shoes with a dress, but if you feel comfortable in it go for it. Remember to always create your own unique style! Please let me know what you think about these trends!!!

If you want some more tips, follow me on twitter at kwquickchic.

No comments:

Post a Comment